Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 1 continues... almost done...

Almost done with day one, next speaker was awesome! This speaker was what I needed.

Steven Furtick.

He talked about having "fresh wind, fresh fire." Have a vision!

Promise ---- Process ---- Payoff

We get these promises from God, We see the vision (payoff) at the end, but somehow we get lost in the process.

1 Kings 18:41-48
And Elijah said to Ahab, "Go, eat and drink, for there is the sound of a heavy rain." So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees. "Go and look toward the sea," he told his servant. And he went up and looked. "There is nothing there," he said. Seven times Elijah said, "Go back." The seventh time the servant reported, "A cloud as small as a man's hand is rising from the sea." So Elijah said, "Go and tell Ahab, 'Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.'" Meanwhile, the sky grew black with clouds, the wind rose, a heavy rain came on and Ahab rode off to Jezreel. The power of the LORD came upon Elijah and, tucking his cloak into his belt, he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel.

Our promises start small but if we believe and have faith (look at the vision)- Be faithful in the process, we will achieve the payoff. We just have to make sure that during the busyness of the process, we don't forget about the promise, instead hold onto it! know that God will be with us.

Elijah "heard" the rain -he was told there was a small cloud in the distance (not a large cloud-a tiny cloud) & he believed it was going to provide the much needed rain!

I really needed this. Almost a year ago, I heard God call us to adopt. We got really close to starting the process... one reason I took the managers job was to help with adopting... then our life changed with Mike loosing his job. Over time I sort of gave up. I lost sight of the "payoff" and I forgot the "promise".

A day before the conference, SteVen changed his original message plan. The message he gave left me speechless so emotional. After he spoke, I could not speak. God used Steven to tell me me not to give up.... to have faith... to believe... to not forget the promise!!

wow.... just what I needed.

One more speaker to go... for day one anyway!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online