Tuesday, November 27, 2007

BEGINNING THE JOURNEY TO A NEW ME!

Hello to all! My name is Sherlyn and I’m brand new to this. For the past 14 years I have been battling weight issues. When I was a teenager up until age 22 I was skinny. In high school all my family would tell me I need to put on weight. When I graduated from high school I weight 97 lbs. Today I weigh in at 178. Almost a complete second person compared to back then.

So what happen….life! I started partying at the early age of 15. Wasn’t into beer, just girly drinks and vodka. From age 15 until about 22, I started partying on Friday evening and didn’t stop until Sunday around lunch. Around 22, I became less active.

At first it was just adding a few pounds here and there. Nothing major. Family actually encouraged the gain. By age 22, I was 125. I wish it would have stopped there, but then I started a career in the corporate world.

Stress! My body doesn’t respond to stress as well as my mind. I started up the corporate ladder. In meetings with CEO’s, Plant managers, etc. Rolling with the big wheels. Started working long hours, became less active. The pounds started adding up. I was then in the 150’s.

At this point in my life, every celebration was with food. Get a raise – out to eat. Someone’s birthday – out to eat. Etc. Etc. Pound. Pound. Pound. Pound. On and on it went. Which leads me to today. This morning I weighted in at 178. I’m 5’ 1”.

Back in March my mother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, high triglycerides, and high cholesterol. My father was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol in September.

My blood work….awful. High triglycerides, high cholesterol, pre-diabetic. What do I do? I love food, I love to cook, I don’t have a lot of time during the week to do healthy. These are all my excuses.

For the past four years, I have been working on my spiritual life (my personal relationship with Christ) and my marriage. For years before I was always “searching for myself”. I know now through my relationship with Christ, that I don’t need to look for myself anymore, but what I need to do is take care of myself so that I can make a difference in life for Christ.

So this is to record my journey. My journey to break addictions to food and bad habits so that I can be active and full of energy to carry on my purpose in life – to glorify God!

So let’s start……………………….

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online