Saturday, November 24, 2007

Small Group Night

Tonight is our small group with the first group that we started. We're in the process of naming the groups so that it will be easier to understand which one I'm talking about. Tonight we will finish up our discussion on Spiritual Gifts.

Last meeting we began talking about how one of the ways God has insured that all of us has a part in His work is through Him giving each and every one of us Spiritual Gifts. That before we can know what to do, we must first understand what Spiritual Gifts are and identify what we have.

Throughout 1 Corinthains 12, Paul tells us about spiritual gifts and serving others through out gifts. We spent the last meeting discussing how all spiritual gifts are from God, Each Christian has at least one gift, we do not all have the same gift, no gift is greater than the other and that God gives us these gift through the Holy Spirit.

Tonight our focus was on 1 Peter 4:10-11 "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms."

We discussed how every one of us is responsible for using whatever gift God has given us to serve others. We discussed ways to serve and how alot of the times we let fear and busyness of life keep us from developing and using our gifts to serve others.

It's kindof funny, Three years ago I study about Spiritual Gifts and created an outline for my husband to use in the young adult class we were apart of. After taking a Spiritual Gift Assessment Test, my top two gifts were administration and craftmanship. I love to paint, decorate, and work with my hands. It's taken me two of the last three years to realize that craftsmanship for me is a hobby, not a spiritual gift.

Through spending time in God's Word and praying for God to show me the purpose of my life, He has opened doors for me through opportunities in the women's ministry, young adult class, and small group, to realize that Teaching is a spiritual gift that God gave me. So this time I used my own notes I created three years ago, added what I have learned since then and I taught on Spiritual Gifts. Talk about full circle!!!

I realize that I am passionate about watching couples and women grow in their relationship with Christ. Through these opportunities I have been able to overcome my fear of talking in front of others. Satan was using this fear to keep me from discovering and using my gifts to glority Christ.

Even now, it's not been easy for me to obey. You can ask my husband, there are still times when I procrastinate, kick, scream, etc But each day, God has showed me more and more that when I am willing to open my eyes, mind, and heart, He will lead me to where I need to be

I really encourage the small group to not let tonight be the last night they think about spiritual gifts. That they truly dig deep and discover what their's are and use them. To think of their spiritual gift, as the key that opens the door for them to share about Christ.

Understanding spiritual gifts are very important. Finding your own and using your own is what is required in order to fulfill 1 Peter 4:10 "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others".

I pray that God will continue to show me the direction I need to go to continue to work on my gift for His kingdom.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online