Thursday, September 11, 2008

Containers and Take Out

Over at The Happy Housewife Blog, there was a post regarding styrofoam containers used for take out versus taking your own containers. I’ve never thought about it but I really like the idea. For 2008 I’ve really kept my eyes open for small changes that I can do to help protect God’s wonderful creation. I asked my husband if he would be embarrassed if I did this….of course he said yes! He! He! This just makes me want to do it more!!!!


I do really hate getting those containers…except there is somewhere (not sure) where we have gotten food at from a drug rep at work that came in some really neat black plastic (not styrofoam – not Tupperware plastic) containers that we all fought over because they withstand multi-use. They had pop on and off lids. We didn’t heat up in them but the bowls were great for salads, etc.

Also Tupperware makes a container that collapses (Flat Out Series). These would fit neatly inside my over sized purses. So when my hubby wont share a meal with me (he hates this too!) I could just pop out my containers and have lunch for the next day!

So what do you think….would you be embarrassed if we were out eating and I pulled out my own bowls to take home leftovers in? You can be honest!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, do you think you will do it? My sil is sending me some collapsible containers so I can start soon! My husband won't share a meal with me either. We just like different foods!
I am going out tomorrow and plan to ask my server what they think of my plan :).
Toni

koinonia community said...

Girl! You know it takes alot more than that to embarrass me. And, hey, I'll share a meal with you. Alea and I share all the time. She never likes the junk food on the kiddie menu. And Darrell and I share occasionally also. So...where are we going?

Jackie Taylor said...

LOL. Girl this is so cool cuz my family and friends call me not so nice things when I do this. Some won't even go out to eat with me because they know I will do this. One waitress accused me of bringing food in and I had to prove to her that what was in the container is what I ordered and is on my tab.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online