Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dealing with Stress

Food wise this was not a good weekend. We had two small group meetings - one on Friday night and the other on Saturday night. We had wings and pizza Friday and then Mexican Saturday night. Then for a belated birthday dinner with some relatives Sunday at Carrabbas. Guess what? I'm up a pound. Imagine that.

The thing is that since Wednesday - work was very, very, very, stressful. I currently work for a doctor at a private practice. As of April, we will be bought by a health care corporation. I'm actually looking forward to that part because we have some terrible management decisions being made by the doctor and others. That's the part driving me crazy!! However during the week I did not turn to food for comfort. Which is something I would have done real quickly in the past.

We have small group weekends on the 2nd and 4th weekend of the month. I've really got to do more planning in order to stay on track and when we have a big Friday and Saturday I do not need to carry it to Sunday too!

I'm not going to beat myself up too much! It could have been more than a pound!

My verse for this week that I have posted at my desk is Philippians 4:11 (NIV) ....I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. And then I have the definition of content beside it: satisfied with what one is or has, not wanting more or anything else, ready to accept, willing.....I guess this verse and definitions can also go with the bad weeks of weight loss!!! It will get better...I'm determined!!!!

Comments:


anonymouse said...
Philippians 4:11 comes to my mind often.

January 30, 2008 11:55 PM

Carol said...
You had a victory in that you didn't turn to food for comfort! I hear that's a big problem with a lot of people yet you resisted. That's wonderful!!!! And Mexican...who can resist? haha

Do you think of you resist pizza, that it will flee? haha (just kidding)

Blessings,
Carol

February 13, 2008 3:13 PM

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online