Monday, December 03, 2007

Week 1 Starting 12/03

As I mentioned in my earlier post - both parents have been dx as diabetics. I'm basically in the state of being pre-diabetic. I've got to get my act together if I wish to stay away from meds.

First thing I need to do is realize that it can not be diet and/or exercise alone but must be a lifestyle change.

Everything in my life is fast paced - even the food. So I've got to stop before I kill myself (okay, maybe alittle dramatic - but who knows)

I love to cook but don't have time. I love healthy food (veggies of all kind are my favorite food). I haven't used white bread, regular mayo, milk, or cheese, or veggie oil in years. We use wheat bread, fat free mayo, soy milk or skim milk, 2% cheese and olive oil. All healthy.

It's not the home food that is killing me. There are weeks that our life is so crazy that we are only home to sleep. Lifestyle. And here the holidays are coming up!

I was asked if I wanted medicine to help me stablize my blood sugar. Not the answer. Lifestyle change is! I said no. I'm hoping and PRAYING that between now and the first of the year, I can start making changes in my lifestyle to correct my bloodsugar.

I started a week ago, recording my levels throughout the day and what I eat. I've got to incorporate other things. So my goals for this week are:

- continue recording food intake
- start taking vitamins (another bad habit - always forgetting!)
- increase water intake
- plan all meals so that I can control what goes in
- no junk food at home
- get on treadmill at least twice this week - preferably more!
- eliminate stressors
- hold myself accountable!!!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online