Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!!!!

This year I don’t want to make “resolutions” I want lifestyle change!!!

In 2007 I made a few realizations that are hard to take but must be taken to heart if I want to live life to the fullest.

2007 was a great year for me in regards to my walk/growth with God, in my marriage, discovering and developing my spiritual gifts, and in changing my worldly views.

But when it comes to myself….I lack a lot. In 2007, both of my parents were diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. You would think that this alone would be a wake up call. NOPE! What it has taken is a Christmas picture that my husband snapped of me. That picture alone broke through my thick skull and way of thinking.

So for 2008 – No resolutions – LIFESTYLE CHANGE instead!!! My goals for 2008 are:

•Eat healthier and wiser!
•Begin an exercise program! I hate exercise…..this one will be tough!
•Lose at least 30# by June (approx. 2# per week)
•Maintain normal range blood glucose readings – this will also tie in with the first goal.

More details on each goal later. I’ve got to run for now and finish grocery list/meal plan for week before hubby gets up and we start shopping! Have a safe and Happy New Year!!!!!

Comments Posted From Old Site:

Looking Great in 2008 said...
Happy New Year! Here's to a new you! I like your perspective on a lifestyle change not a resolution. That's why I joined WW before the new year. I didn't want to be someone doing as a New Year's Resolution. Glad that you found me. Thanks for the comment and I look forward to checking up on each other and encouraging one antoher.

December 31, 2007 5:35 PM

Looking Great in 2008 said...
I agree! NO RESOLUTIONS! I think that they are overestimated and not taken seriously.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

January 1, 2008 7:25 PM

koinoniacommunity said...
Very true! My greatest weight loss motivation is to see a picture of myself. Of course, it also depresses me and makes me want to eat. We have decided to eat more simply. More meals like soup, fewer choices, maybe one side. I was making sure we were eating a balanced diet every meal, but then we had so many choices, we would eat too much. I am going to start balancing it across the day instead. It really opened my eyes when we would get together with friends from Honduras and hear how at home they would only eat meat once every few days, and nothing was wasted. And how much more frugally they ate. I realized how incredible wasteful we are. We throw away food (actually we give it to the animals) all the time. So we are going to eat more simply, and more limited, and that should help propel me toward my weight loss goals. And, hey, if we eat like this every day, events like Thanksgiving and fellowship dinners will not be a big deal.

You can do it! So can I!

January 2, 2008 8:08 AM

Looking Great in 2008 said...
So, how are things coming along?

You going to stay with WW Online, join a meeting?

January 10, 2008 11:15 AM

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online