Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving Food


Oh, How I love the food at Thanksgiving!!! My husband and I stay on the go so much that alot of the times we are eating out. And here lately I feel like I have lived off Healthy Choice frozen meals...lunch, Sunday nite, Monday nite, etc.

Diet and Healthy Eating is another blog post for after Thanksgiving!

So my mouth is so watering for real homecooked food. We're going to my parents house for lunch Thursday. My mom's doing turkey, ham, green beans and corn. My aunts doing dressing and 2 Paula Dean desserts. I'm in charge of the potato salad, mash potatos (for my dad - doesn't do mustard - weird I know!), yeast rolls, and I'm going to surprise everyone with a new dish that I am absolutely in love with! South Georgia "Caviar". Don't know how it got its name but it's to die for. Here's the recipe:

South Georgia Caviar

2 (15 oz) cans black-eyed peas, drained
1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (Ro-Tel)
2 cups chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh jalapeno peppers
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (8 oz) bottle Italian dressing
1 (4 oz) jar chopped pimentos, drained

In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir gently to combine. Refrigerate mixture overnight. Serve with corn chips.

I eat it plain - no chips. One of the local resturants started serving it several months ago. I crave the stuff now. I love sweet and sour stuff. Give it try, let me know what you think!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online