Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I must be brave.........

I hate pictures of myself and yet I'm getting ready to do something that I hope is going to help me stay accountable.  I joined the "Pound for Pound" Challenge and pledged to loose 30 pounds by the end of June.  (You can view my ticker at the bottom to see how I am doing!)

Here is a picture of me in April 2009 (2 months pregnant), end of October (9 months pregnant) and now (taken just last week).  Along with my weigh posted. 






Prior to being pregnant, my weigh yo-yoed (is that a word?) from 165 to 175.  Up and Down, Up and Down.  I gained a total of 15 pounds during my pregnancy and as mentioned in other post, I dealt with gestastional diabetes and after giving birth with high blood pressure.  At this time both are gone!  Yeah!

However with both my parents being diabetics, I really need to get a grip on my weight.  I want to be a positive influence on my daughter so I figured now is the time (while she is still an infant) to change my eating habits, get more active, and to loose weight.  So that as she gets older I can be a positve role model!!

I haven't posted my 2010 goals but will shortly which will give more detail as to how I plan to "Take Control" and loose weight!!

Since January 1st, I've lost 2.5 pounds!  Yeah!!  Kudos!!!

2 comments:

Mama of 4 Blessings said...

Great job! You have the right mindset for losing the weight. I will be here cheering you on:) Keep going strong on the pound for pound. We both pledged 30 pounds and we both are taking till June to complete them so we can cheer each on with that as well:) Thanks for all the support.
Blessings,
Regina

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Wow, you sure got your year off to a rockin' start! Way to go!

I think you look cute as you are right now! I certainly can understand wanting to get your health under control and achieve a more ideal weight range for maintaining good health. You'll get there!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online