Monday, February 09, 2009

Eating right and recipe

For 2009 (as always) we are trying to loose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Right now I'm really trying to get in my veggies and make sure hubby's getting his. I love vegetables so other than time being a barrier it's really no problem for me. Hubby however is not a veggie person! So I'm trying to disguise veggies into his meal.

I'm not sure where I got this recipe but it's pretty good. We both love potatoes. Either done as fries, hot chips, mashed, baked, etc. I'm trying to limit my potatoe intake and I remember I had copied and saved this on my pc.

"Chips" Instead of potatoe it uses a butternut squash. They don't get really crispy but they are good dipped in ketchup and still have the same texture as fries. Hope you enjoy!

one butternut squash, peeled and sliced into chip size shapes
sea salt
Olive oil Pam spray

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. After peeling sqash and removing the seeds, slice into chip shape (you could also do fry shape if wanted). Pat dry with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture. Place squash in a bowl and add a light mist of nonstick olive oil spray. Sprinkle with salt. Toss squash to evenly distribute oil and salt. Lay flat on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with olive oil. Bake in a oven for 20 minutes or so, flipping halfway through baking time. Fries are done when they start to brown on the edges. Use ketchup for dipping.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Dragon Cowboy said...

I liked the cole slaw even better.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online