Monday, February 25, 2008

Mini Goals for Week

Stepped on the scale this morning…..171. I posted last night that I was going to sit down and write out my goals….Well….I had good intentions but actually worked on some stuff for work and didn’t get to me. This is a very bad habit of mine. I always put myself last.

I know that as a Christian I am to focus on serving others….the thing of it is….is that if I don’t take care of myself there will be no me to serve others with.

For example, last week we were in Nashville on a business/pleasure trip and this weekend hubby was diagnosed with the flu, so we haven’t been to the grocery store. I took the last of the cereal and soy milk to work with me this morning to eat. I got to work, took my blood sugar (110), and then ate breakfast. Things were pretty crazy at work (phones ringing off the hook, patients wanting appointments immediately, etc). At 11:45 I immediately got to shaking like a leaf in a hurricane. I couldn’t control it. I realized wow….I didn’t take a morning break and it was lunch time. I took my blood sugar again and it was 73. Big drop…and my body was telling me so. I just in the last four weeks got my blood glucose within range. URGH!!!!!!!!!!

I didn’t panic even though it actually felt like an anxiety attack was getting ready to come on. I felt my insides shaking, felt like my teeth were going to start rattling in my head. I wanted to cry uncontrollably. Crazy huh? So I grabbed a spoonful of peanut butter that had honey in it from the kitchen and 2 small cookies. After a few minutes, my body settled down.

Why did all this happen? One – I didn’t plan out my meals for the week including snacks for work. So all I had was cereal (carbs) that spiked my sugar quickly and then dropped quickly. Two – I didn’t take a morning break. I was (until last week) making sure that I ate breakfast (8am), lite am snack (10) lunch (12) lite pm snack (2 or 3), dinner (5-6) and then if need a really lite late pm snack (8). This keeps my blood sugar stable, the munchies from hitting, and definitely the shaking away. Three – I also in the last week and half have not been getting in my water!!!

So my mini goals for this week:
1. Plan out my meals and snacks.
2. Record my meals and snacks online WW.
3. Drink at least 8 glasses water.
4. Make sure my meals and snacks don’t include a lot of bad carbs.
5. Make sure I take my breaks and not let time get away from me.

I’m very thankful that we were given the opportunity to mix a mini vacation in hubby’s business trip, I feel like I mentally needed to get away. Next time I’ll know to plan my meals better and to definitely make sure that when I return I immediately start back on track!!!

I’ll update everyone more as this week goes………See ya later alligator!!


Comments:

Katy said...
THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT!

MEAL PLANNING IS ESSENTIAL TO ME TOO!

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK AND MAKE SURE TO MAKE YOURSELF A PRIORITY!

February 27, 2008 11:25 AM
Cammy said...
I think these ooops! moments provide the most life-changing results. Good for YOU for analyzing what went wrong and then developing a plan for dealing with it!

March 2, 2008 6:25 PM

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online